- Do I need a smartphone to use Activ5?
Yes, a smartphone is required to use Activ5. Activ5 is compatible with most Android and iOS devices. For more information, see Product Documentation > Supported Hardware
- Does my phone need to be connected to the Internet or a mobile data plan to use Activ5?
You need an Internet connection or mobile data plan to download the Activ5 app and create an account for the first time. Once you have created your account, no Internet connection is required to use the device and the Activ5 application. However, if you use the application while not connected to the Internet, your workout data will not be downloaded until your next Internet connection.
- Is Activ5 suitable for people with physical disabilities?
Activ5 is an excellent way for people with physical disabilities to build strength, increase metabolism and tone their bodies. However, we always recommend that you consult a physician to determine if isometric exercises are recommended for you.
- Is Activ5 suitable for blind people?
Activ5 is not currently available to the blind or visually impaired.
- Is Activ5 suitable for seniors?
Yes, Activ5 adapts to individual strength, so it can be an excellent workout for older people. However, we always recommend that you consult a physician to see if isometric exercise is recommended for you.
- Can I access the Activ5 application from a computer?
No, at this time we do not offer a desktop version of the Activ5 application.
- Is there a Windows version of Activ5?
At this time, we do not have a Windows version of the application.
- Is the Activ5 application free?
Yes, the Activ5 application is free and can be downloaded from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Where can I find the Activ5 app?
The Activ5 application is available on the Apple store and Google Play. Simply search for “Activ5 by Activlife” in the store of your choice to download it.
- Does Activ5 track my calories burned?
Activ5 tracks calories burned if the app is connected to the Apple Health app on your iOS phone.
- Will my data transfer to my Apple Watch if I use my Activ5 with my iPad?
No, Apple does not support Apple Health on iPads. Therefore, the Activ5 app cannot send workout data performed on an iPad to Apple Health.
- Can I log into my account on different operating systems? (Android and iOS)
Yes, you can use your login credentials to access our app on different operating systems. Activ5 is compatible with most iOS and Android devices.
- Is there a way to update the email address associated with my Activ5 account?
Updating your email address is not possible with our current system.
However, we do not validate email addresses. Therefore, if your email address is no longer valid, it will still work to log into the Activ5 application.
- How do I return my Activ5?
Please refer to the “Return Policy” section.
- Can I use my Activ5 if I have high blood pressure?
Activ5 is not recommended for users with high blood pressure. We recommend that you consult a healthcare professional to determine if Activ5 is appropriate for you.
- What countries do you ship to?
Activlife ships to Europe when ordered directly from our website. However, we have third-party distributors in many countries around the world. To find out if these distributors ship to your country, please contact them directly.
- Can I use my Activ5 device with more than one application at a time?
No, to connect your Activ5 device to another application, you must first close all other open Activbody applications on your phone or tablet. The Activ5 device cannot be used with more than one app at a time.
- How do I charge my Activ5?
Activ5 is battery operated and comes with one AAA battery installed.
- How do I replace the battery?
To replace the battery, follow these simple steps:
- You need a new AAA battery and a flathead screwdriver.
- Hold Activ5 and the screwdriver like this. The Activ5 logo should NOT be visible.
- Insert the tip of the screwdriver into the opening.
- Turn gently until you hear a CLICK. The cover opens slightly.
- Gently slide the screwdriver along the edge of Activ5, keeping the tip inside the opening, until you reach the location shown in the photo. Then stop and turn slightly until you hear a CLICK. The cover is now open and you can replace the battery.
- Replace the battery.
- Replace the cover when you are finished.
ATTEMPTING TO OPEN ACTIV5 IN ANY OTHER WAY MAY DAMAGE THE BUTTONS ON THE COVER.
- What type of battery does Activ5 use?
Activ5 uses one AAA battery.
- How do I connect my Activ5?
To connect your Activ5 to your iOS or Android device for the FIRST time:
1) After entering your personal information into the app, you will see the “Connect Your Device” section.
2) Turn on Activ5 by clicking the button on the edge of the device for 2 seconds and the BLUE light will flash (on your phone, make sure Bluetooth is enabled).
3) The application will see your Activ5, which will have a name like this: “Activ5 XX-XXXX”.
4) Click on the name of your Activ5 and the light on the device will turn GREEN – connected!
5) Give your Activ5 its own name (e.g. “Pat’s Activ5”)
NOTE: The above steps must be done in the Activ5 workout app itself, not in the Bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet.
To connect your Activ5 to your iOS or Android device AFTER the first time:
AFTER the first time, your phone and Activ5 will know each other.
1) Open the app on your phone and turn on your Activ5.
2) The light on your Activ5 will change from BLUE to GREEN and you are connected!
3) Select a workout or exercise and begin.
If you are having problems connecting, here’s how to fix it:
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled in your phone’s SETTINGS, airplane mode sometimes disables Bluetooth.
If this doesn’t work, then:
1) Turn off Bluetooth in your phone’s SETTINGS.
2) Exit the Activ5 application
3) Activate Bluetooth in your phone’s SETTINGS.
4) Open the Activ5 application
Check your Activ5 permissions if you are still having problems connecting. To do this:
1) Go to your phone or tablet settings -> Click on Apps -> Click on App Permissions
2) Select Activ5 and make sure location permission is enabled.
- Is there a specific way to hold Activ5?
To work the right muscle groups, keep your fingers separate. Do not lock your fingers!
- Can one Activ5 be used by more than one person?
Yes, each Activ5 can be used by multiple users. Each user must download the app to their device and create their own account.
- How do I disconnect Activ5 from my phone or tablet?
Simply turn off Activ5 by holding down the power button for two seconds.
- How do I connect my Activ5 to my Apple Watch? (iOS only)
You can connect the Activ5 app to Apple Health by clicking on “Profile” at the bottom right of the Activ5 app screen. Then click on “Connect to Apple Health.” Next, click “Enable all categories” and then click “Allow” in the upper right corner.
- Can I use Activ5 with my AppleTV?
Activ5 does not currently have an Apple TV application. However, you can AirPlayer any of our applications on an Apple TV by logging into your Apple TV in your phone’s settings, then launching our application.
- Is my Activ5 waterproof?
The Activ5 can be used in humid environments but is not designed to be used underwater, so it cannot be immersed in water.
- Does my Activ5 come with a warranty?
Yes, the Activ5 comes with a two-years limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- How do I bookmark a workout?
To make an exercise or workout a favorite, simply tap on the heart next to the title to mark it.
– For EXERCISES, the heart is located to the right of the exercise description.
– For TRAINING, the heart is to the left of the exercise title.
- How do I change my theme?
To change your theme, click on the “Profile” icon at the bottom right of your application.
Then click on “Themes” and select the theme of your choice.
- Can I create my own workouts?
No, but you can create your favorite workouts to create a workout “playlist” with the workouts of your choice.
- Can I create my own exercises?
No, Activ5 does not currently allow you to create your own workouts.
- Why does my Activ5 need to know my location? (Android only)
Location authorization is required because Bluetooth scans are used to collect information about a user’s location in order to pair the device. However, this location information is only used to scan the device and Activlife does not collect any location information.